We value the trust you place on clevify.com (“Our”) website and application platforms on Google Play Store and iOS built to host, manage, and deploy curriculum-relevant content to learners via personal computers, smartphones and tablets that is why we insist upon the highest learning standards and customer’s information privacy.
Our full details are
Full name of legal entity: Clevify Technology Limited
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 1B Johnson Street, off Bode Thomas, Surulere, Lagos.
Telephone number: +23490179882
By accessing or using Our services or Products, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Notice. Once you provide consent, you may change your mind and withdraw the consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but please note that consent withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
The Data We Collect About You
When signing up on Our Platform, we collect information about you. This information may include:
- Profile data, such as your name, username or alias, e-mail address, mailing address, location, class (in school), age, and phone number;
- Financial data, such as your card information, billing address, and payment options may also be required by our payment service providers;
- Technical information, such as the type of mobile device and internet browser you use, your computer IP address, data about the pages you access, mobile device ID or unique identifier, statistics on page views, standard Web log data, still and moving images, etc;
- Marketing data, such as users’ feedback; and
- Usage data, such as time spent on Our application, when application was opened, device data and learning statistics (time spent learning, lessons viewed, test scores, etc.).
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which We collected it which may include but is not limited to the following:
- to register you as a new user.
- to process and deliver your order.
- to manage your relationship with us;
- to recommend products or services which may be of interest to you;
- to help us identify and provide the type of service offerings in which you are most interested in;
- to enable us create the content most relevant to you and to generally improve Our services;
- to make the Platform easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once;
- to manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and
- to send periodic emails and marketing materials regarding your interest in Our products and services.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, we may include or offer third party products or services on Our Platform. As such, Our Platform may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third-party websites may have their own separate and independent privacy policies, which may govern the collection and processing of your personal data. We shall have no responsibility or liability for the content, activities and privacy practices of such third-party websites.
A “cookie is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so that it can be later read from the browser. These cookies allow us to uniquely identify your browser and to distinguish you from other users of Our Website. This enables us to track your preferences and provide you with a personalized and smooth experience when you browse Our Website.
Every registered user has a unique personal profile. Each profile is assigned a unique personal identification number, which helps us ensure that only you can access your profile. When you register, We create your profile, assign a personal identification number, (your User ID) then send this personal identification number back your email address with an activation link for the activation of your profile. This code is uniquely yours. It is your passport to seamless travel across Our Platform, allowing you to use Our Platform without having to fill out registration forms with information you have already provided. Even if you switch computers, you will not have to re-register – just use your User ID to identify yourself.
We store and process your personal information on our computers and servers in Nigeria. Where We need to transfer your data to another country, such country must have an adequate data protection law. Please be assured that We have put in place appropriate security measures including but not limited to access controls, firewalls, data encryption, and physical security to prevent your personal data from being lost, altered, disclosed, or otherwise used in an unauthorized way. Also note that We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where We are legally required to do so.
Retention of Personal Information
We will keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with the purpose it is being processed for, or for tax, accounting, regulatory, or legal purposes. We will keep the personal data for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to Our relationship with you. Related to this, We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if We reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to Our relationship with you.
You may notify us whenever you no longer wish to hear from us and We will keep minimum information upon receipt of such notice to ensure that no future contact is made by us. We will actively review the personal information We hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business or user need for it to be retained.
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
- request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information We hold about you and check that We are lawfully processing it. Please note that a data subject access request may attract an administrative fee.
- request correction of the personal data that We hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data We hold about you corrected, though We may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where We may have processed your information unlawfully or where We are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note however, that We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- object to processing of your personal data where We are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where We are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, We may demonstrate that We have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms;
- request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with you. Please note that this request may also attract an administrative fee;
- withdraw consent at any time where We are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, We may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
At Clevify, we implement a variety of reasonable security measures to protect the security and integrity of your personal information.
To prevent unauthorized access to your information, we have implemented strong controls and security safeguards at the technical and operational levels. Our Platform uses Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) to ensure secure transmission of your personal data. You should see the padlock symbol in your URL address bar once you are successfully logged into the platform. The URL address will also start with https:// depicting a secure Webpage.
Please note that you also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your username and password, so do not share these with others. However, as the internet is not a secure medium, we cannot guarantee that security breaches will never occur. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the matters, which include actions of hackers and other unauthorized third parties that breach Our reasonable security procedure.
By this Policy We do not represent or warrant the condition or functionality of Our platform(s), its suitability for use, nor guarantee that Our service will be free from interruption or any error. No liability or responsibility shall lie for risks associated with the use of Our Platform, including but not limited to any risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, software, or any other file that might be transmitted or activated via Our Platform or your access to it. Neither do We guarantee the reliability of information contained on Our Platform—particularly those shared by third party users.